Title is you who must choose
Prompt: Well, you lied to me 'cos I asked you too @
February 1994
Prompt: Well, you lied to me 'cos I asked you too
February 1994
Alon After the military did not attend college, but began to work on time full.
Delilah, whose standard of living was greatly improved, sometimes inviting him out to eat on the boardwalk or the old port. It was amazing
whenever the voracity with which the child ate the food.
"But you eat at home? Are you sure you do not need money? "He politely shook his head.
"No, Mom, I'm fine." Delilah is vented with him of her fears for her husband for divorce that he should have asked a little later. And how that perspective would have been difficult and at the same time to lift the rock that was suffocating.
not worry too much diAdonai the proceedings, which after all has to to love his people, was more concerned about the possible reaction of Shmueli, so that she could be violent, helping them to forget, but it could also be compassionate. Of pity that he had felt fear, he did not want a small bud of tenderness for this man to grow again in his chest.
"Why do not you ever invite me to your house?" Asked for the umpteenth time. "I understand that you and your friend will be busy, but I have also the right to see where my son lives."
"House is very small There's nothing to see. I do not think you would be so pleased. "He repeated for the umpteenth time.
"It 's obvious that I'm glad! Eventually I'll have to introduce me rudely to raid. "I threatened her.
"Well ... I would be fine on Tuesday?" he mediated.
"Perfect!" Exclaimed enthusiastically, by turning the couple who sat beside them. "In fact, if there is anything I can do .. do not ever want to help you in anything."
"You could cook something?" So he asked, lowering her eyes.
"Willingly. How many did you say that you are at home? "He asked again.
"Two, Mom, just two. I and Ofer. "He stammered, becoming all red." He has a few years older than me, we made the military together. "He let out, as he stood up awkwardly, his chair screeching.
"Then I will prepare something good. You have no idea what I have made happy. "Alon embraced her close to say goodbye and she got up and kissed him on the lips, stroking her hair.
"If you need, do not hesitate to tell me."
One Monday afternoon, Rachel and Delilah had a new visit to the store.
entered, in fact, a gentleman in a suit and tie and a beautiful woman in her thirties. This looked at the inside of the store with a sufficient degree, then went directly to the two women. A
Delilah, who especially loved watching the entertainment in the evening, it took little to recognize the young presenter of Channel Ten, Galya Anja.
"Good evening, ma'am. How can I help, "asked Rachel mellifluous voice.
"I need a dress for a special evening. Something that is perfectly fine to me and that is also very special. "The man behind her nodded." In the shop I found nothing that was not trivial or awkward, if I had time I would go to Paris .. but I have only ten days is too little. "
" Fine, gveret . The we can see our models, if you devote just a little 'patience, and from there we can apply some variants to make her head even more unique. "Promptly replied the lady." Delilah, please take the collection of our models? "
"Now." Answered the woman, whose fingers trembled a little.
"So is she Delilah Gross." He spoke in a voice squillande Galya, mischievous smile, beautiful eyelashes flapping. "I was curious to know her, her son has told me so much about her."
Delilah hesitantly entered the small stable shabby. Delilah thought that maybe it was becoming too serious.
He climbed the stairs to the narrow and dimly lit third floor and rang the door half-broken. The plate of the bell reads:
Ofer Alon Gross Witz
"Mom!" The Alon received, he wore tight pants and a shirt yellow.
"I'm sorry, I did not even have time to change me, you're ahead. I prepared the sweet honey that you taught me to do you, do you remember what you like so much? "She hugged him, slamming his legs between the bags full of food. Alon took the envelope and brought it home.
"Ofer will come in a moment, you take a shower." Delilah smiled and his son had never seemed so good. "Come." Passed by the narrow corridor to a kitchen-living room furnished with the sixties, covered with stickers and photos, magnets and trinkets, but otherwise clean and tidy.
'E' .. he's cute. "He felt compelled to tell Delilah leaning on the Formica table the bags and pulling out different containers.
"You could say so at the Rachel ... is so nice." Alon smiled, rubbing his hands on his legs.
"It was busy tonight." Delilah Memphis, surprised by that observation.
"Good evening." Ofer appeared at the door.
He was a handsome tall and muscular, dark blond hair and large dark green eyes.
The skin of the face and neck, which shines through the open shirt, gently tanned. He
aggressive expression, accentuated by bushy eyebrows and mustache and a defiant posture.
In some ways the opposite of insecurity and the apparent physical frailty of Alon.
"Hello, nice Delilah!" Presents himself to the young man giving a kiss on both cheeks bristling. "I have brought a bit 'of little things to eat, so tomorrow you will not need to cook." Ofer looked at her with mock impatience and sat at the table.
"Well, I do not see the rest of the house?" Alon took her hand and crossed the hall again shabby. The boy turned on the light in another room, smaller than the first with a double bed, a closet covered with posters and photographs, some shelf with books and tapes and a battered desk. In the only free corner lay beside a tripod, a bag for photo gear, a guitar and violin Alon.
"It 's beautiful your bedroom. Look at all the posters ... and how neat! I did not know you liked to take pictures .. "she said enthusiastically.
"That is the stuff of Ofer. This is our room. We sleep together he and I, Mom. "He explained, unable to look at her face.
"But you could tell me! I can help you to buy another bed, boys! "He suggested, without understanding. Alon deep breath and kissed her on the mouth.
"Mommy, Ofer is my boy." The dry announced, shaking and trying to sound reassuring at the same time.
Delilah looked puzzled, incredulous and perhaps frightened.
"I like men, mom. And I'm happy with him. "He whispered, hugging her." Happy as they have ever been in my life. "
Delilah was somehow dragged by the sweetness of him, had not seen him so bright he was a child.
And after she has experienced several times the negation of all love, how can criticize that shape?
In those fields as your child did the same fate that has befallen his parents ..
A vise squeezed her stomach and a tear escaped from his eyes.
"Do not cry Mom, there's nothing to cry." He embraced her again, misinterpreted the pain of her. "Ani Ohev Otac ."
"I love you, my child. A lot. "Alon took her hand and led her back into the kitchen, where Ofer waiting for them against the wall. Alon kissed her on the head before taking his friend by the hand, holding the palm of Ofer in his, as if to protect him.
Delilah felt tenderness for those two young adults and saw his own eyes during the war. Shortness of breath.
"My Children" muttered in a choked voice, "We have dinner or will be too late."
Delilah helped them set the table with old-fashioned dishes and occasionally looked at them with curiosity. Despite the embarrassment palpable, they were so close and tender.
"I have brought hummus, salads and roast meat." He said, opening the plastic containers.
"You cooked stuff for a week, Gveret " said Ofer, with a sly smile.
"I hope you enjoy it." She smiled. "Maybe now my son will allow me to cook for both of you more often."
"Thank you, Imma ." Alon smiled, looking at the tip of your shoes.
"Alon told me that you met during military service." He began the woman, and had dinner.
"I was his superior." He said Ofer, watching her boyfriend with a provocative air. "So do not worry, I'm used to take care of him." Seriously, Alon giving a kiss on the cheek. "I am almost three years we are together."
"Why did not you ever say, "asked Delilah to her son. That is why the wall, from time to reserve. He was so afraid her baby deserved a lie?
"You .. you've never asked if I was her boyfriend. And I was afraid to tell you. I was ashamed. I was afraid of losing you, Mom. "He explained the truth, taking her hand." Do not tell Dad, please. "Please. Delilah
closed his eyes, he dared not think how he would react Shmueli. He would have beaten up. He would have beaten both her and him.
He wanted to ask them many things, but she was afraid of and responses to sound too harsh or too Incandenza with the two boys.
"You do that by trade, Ofer?" A question that seemed neutral enough.
"I am a visual artist. I make pictures and then took out pictures or graphics. "Enlighten, spelling out the plan and accompanying explanation with large hand gestures.
"Soon will be an exhibition center for contemporary art." Alon announced, leaked all the pride he felt, his eyes became more large. Delilah felt jealous and happy together. "Ofer, why do not you see my mom works you've done for me," asked a voice in adoration. That "mom" so intimate filled her with joy. Ofer
shook his head and shoulders as if to say "whatever."
Alon went to get a folder labeled "Projects" in a neat handwriting and drew a pair of black and white plates.
One was particularly beautiful, depicted in terms of chiaroscuro child asleep in a sort of sweet sleep and happy. The design was something intimate and delicate.
"That vain Alon would like to see the cover of her first album." Joked Ofer.
"If ever one I will." Replied the other, arching his back and getting all red.
"Stupid." Ofer warned him, looking at him askance. "Gveret, but your son has already announced that a contract signed?"
"Alon, my chick is real?" She asked, already excited. When he confirmed the news, Delilah felt the tears down her cheeks. "It 's wonderful, my child!"
"Vo ... I wanted to be a surprise. We have started working recently e.. "Trembling" I did not want worry about me. "
" But I do not care at all. Your mother always wants to stay by your side because you want so much, my little one. "The tender names her. "My little genius." Involuntarily escaped Ofer
For a laugh.
"Mom!" Yoseph races against, covering an inelegant jog distance that separated them. Delilah felt sad in a big hug and male.
What had changed her baby! Actually, it does not even seem to have more right to call it "child" Yoseph was just a man. He wore an elegant dark suit that made him look professional, the graying hair and beard made him look like a businessman, like the ones you see in soap operas.
"You came alone?" She asked, trying to discern signs of a possible companion.
"Yes, Mom, I have come for you, right?" No Delilah took the sweet irony in that sentence and smiled, at peace.
"I'm so happy to have you here, I miss you so much." Yoseph smiled, pleased, suggesting to her mother that yes, his eldest son had just become an adult, angular and reserved, but basically sweet. He felt
realized, once again, before the work admirable of her belly.
Delilah let go, pampered by his sons, inspiring her own perfume. A minute would
Shmueli got there, Leah's house in Jerusalem, and she would have asked for a divorce.
"Mom, you'll be fine." Console Leah. "Dad is not bad, you'll see, will understand that you had no other choice." Alon bit her lips mute.
"In the U.S. people divorce almost every day and does nothing serious." Informs Yoseph. "You'll see it will be more painless than you think."
"With him nothing is painless."
"You are unjust, Alon. It 'still our father. "Yoseph addressed him.
"Yeah, but you left before we see with that undid me slap my face. From one that takes beating his wife and children we can expect something quiet, right. "answered the child, sarcastic.
"Our educational systems were different from those now .." Delilah whispered, a faint voice.
"But you, Mom, you never raised your hands on any of us." Alon pointed out, taking her hand.
"Your father is a man."
"I am. And I would not dream of taking your hands on a woman or a child. Even at Ofer. And I'm not willing to accept the Holocaust as an excuse for unacceptable behavior. "Attacked the musician.
"Alon" Delilah yelled that he could not stand that word sound. The doorbell rang, interrupting
croaking their skirmish.
Delilah stood up to open the protective instincts towards their children that took over. Shmueli the
you appeared before him, even more emaciated than I remembered. He had grown his hair and beard, looked even older.
She closed her eyes, she was afraid of how his voice had thundered against her once again.
But that voice came out hard and controlled.
" Abend, Delilah." She did pass with a nod.
"Hello, Dad." I said goodbye and Leah Yoseph, hugging him.
"Hello." Alon said, approaching and just trying to give the voice usually gently asleep, awake and martial tone.
Leah offered a chair to his father and served a tea for all. During that kind of ceremonial preparation, they heard only the voice of the eldest son who told his American adventures.
"Maybe now is the chance that leave you talking to yourself." Said the young woman, making sure that all guests have finished drinking. He got up, immediately imitated by the two brothers.
"Live here with Leah?" Asked Shmueli.
"No." she replied dry. "In Tel Aviv, I had already said. Work there. "
" Oh really? And would you ever work? "again inquired the husband with a smile of derision. Delilah felt as if the police the same question for a murder charge.
He was afraid. He could not look bright eyes and red of her husband.
"The dressmaker." The upper lip trembled involuntarily.
"And you had to run down there to do?" The taunt each other, without looking at her face.
"I have not run away." Dared to defend themselves. "I left."
"I've abandoned. Have you abandoned your family. "He pointed out, becoming bad.
"I know."
"That 's what you have taught your poor parents? Do you think that would be proud of yourself? "Grumbled as you would an unruly child. He always used that tone with her, and usually introduces the barrel.
"And you have been taught to beat your wife and your own children?" Delilah would not have taken this time, she was determined.
"Our kinderlekh have nothing to do with this, Froy "
"They got to do and how. Now that I no longer need to protect them. "
" Protect them from what? You can not protect them from the world, you should know. The world has always been cruel, it will be with them too. It 'full of bad people. "
"Nobody wants to kill them here, no. You're preventing them from living, "the Polish became angry, turning pain into anger.
"Ah, no? But do not read newspapers? Do not watch TV or listen to the radio? All it takes dead! And you have made them grow like softened, unable to everything, just like you! "
" I no longer want to be your wife. I want a divorce. "She proclaimed." Do not stand it anymore. "
" You shall not force myself what to do, Froy. Marriage is a contract in front of the Sky. "
" To you in Heaven has never cared about. You just afraid of getting hurt in your pride, stupid big head "was furious, as he had not ever angry." I'm never coming under your roof .- I want a divorce, I ask. "
" We'll see. "Shmueli got angry, slammed the chair." Leah! " shouted. "Leah, I'm leaving!" The woman appeared at the door and embraced her father with a rush.
"I'll call you soon, Dad." The two children greeted him with just a nod.
When the old man walked out the door in the room all resumed breathing. Delilah
burst into tears in torrents, Alon ran to support her, hugging her close.
"Why are you always so hard on your father?" Sobbed her for the umpteenth time.
"I act like you should do well with him." He replied, casting a stern look to his sister. Yoseph passed a handkerchief to his mother.
"Leah, I can make a phone call?" Asks Alon. His sister showed him the machine in the hallway.
"I have really done so badly?" The woman asked again, sniffling.
"You do not have anything wrong, Mom." Console Yoseph. Leah shook it hard.
"We are on your side."
"Mommy, Ofer picks me up early tomorrow because I have things to do in town." He announced his youngest son returning from the call. Lathes with us? "
The woman agreed.
"I stay here with us." He said Leah. "You know that Amos glad you stay here."
"I have to work too, my child. And I do not like to leave Rachel alone for too long. "Before taking leave, Leah made by Alon.
"You are so nice to take care of Mom."
"You will not leave her alone. You and your husband would not do the same? "
---> Continue: Chapter 4 Back: Chapter 2 \u0026lt;---
0 comments:
Post a Comment