[Original] heartwarming
word count: 500
The clock ticks on: one second, another one. The time still stays the same, a steady worker alone in a huge office.
And I wonder if every minute is self-conscious of his endless being.
I’m waiting for you to come home from the office, as every day after 6,00 pm.
This lasting condition of waiting makes me sick as I were empty and useless, wasting my time looking forward to kiss you and embrace you tight.
But then I see you again, giving a warm smile when I open the door.
You never kiss me on the frontdoor, as if you were worried to embarrass our neighbours, but they all know about us.
They know that we are a couple and you’re not the kind of person who is scared about the others’ opinion.
It’s a ritual of some sort, keep delaying the kiss until you come inside, take off your shoes and your coat. You stare at our house with childish eyes everytime.
I would wait for you all my life, if I would have to.
You turn this cold place home, you awoke me from my silent and sad sleep.
I can’t sit still, looking at the clock again.
You are late, outside the weather is cold and windy. I listen to the mute reverberation of the shy snow on the window.
You will be all wet when you will finally cross our backyard.
I mechanically turn on the heat, trying to make our place cozier. I will dry your clothes, putting them on the heater.
Where are you now? What street is now welcoming your steps?
I force myself out of this sleepless rest, I go to the kitchen, staring at the open fridge.
What can I make for you tonight? What would you like?
It’s ridiculous, but I miss you. I am not bored by our daily routine, I feel so complete because of you and of our never-ending love. Can you guess how it’s fulfilling and heart-warming the thought that –no matter what- you will always return here, to me?
I’m not taking our relationship for granted because I know that Life is a cruel child and the Future’s her playground, but we can always slap her in the face if she becomes stubborn, as long as I’m sure that you want to come back to me.
I put some water in the boiler and choose your favourite herbal tea, I love to see how you’re frozen hands turn to red holding the white mug.
I dearly remember the first time we went shopping for our house, spending countless hours choosing dishes and service matching our mood. Do you recall how the young shop assistant looks astonished, but say nothing?
And then we went to that little café and you kept my hand in yours, holding it lightly.
I can feel you coming from far away, searching for the key. You will soon loose your patience and ring the bell and I will open.
0 comments:
Post a Comment